Thursday, December 16, 2010

How JERM JILLA - creator of CLAY CANDY and R54 the MANAGER linked up...

How is all began.... I met Jerm Jilla on a music video set in HAYWARD, CA at SIMMS INK with music artist EXTREME... I was doing some behind the scenes photography... 

I was wearing a GOODWOOD piece... and he came up to me and said... "is that GOODWOOD".. I was like "yeah" he moved his jacket and said, " I make these"... he had the piece in the picture to the right.  

Now i am an ARTIST... been drawing since i was 4 and i appreciate GREAT ART when i see it... I said to JERM "YOU MADE THAT".... he smiled and said "YEAH"... then i asked him can you make anything... he said "yeah"... i asked him to make my TRANSFORMER pieces for me that are just like my tats...  he had them READY for me in like 4 days...  I became cool with JERM.. cuz he was a very REAL person and very HUMBLE... he called me one day and asked me how do i feel about being his manager... I will never forget what i told him... i said, "R U READY TO GO TO THE NEXT LEVEL".... he was like, "what do you mean"... I said, "I am going to get your CLAY PIECES EVERYWHERE... all over the world... and i have a lot of connections".... "I am going to make you FAMOUS".... we signed the contract the next day....  and that was in MAY of 2010... 7 months ago... 

So now the journey has begun....  I designed his website and twitter page... and he now has 7,650 followers on twitter within 7 months... We continue to do videos on youtube and vimeo make em an R54 EXCLUSIVE. 

I take care of the backend of the business and JERM creates the CLAY CANDY by HAND... 

We have done pieces for Wiz Khalifa, GAME, Soulja Boy, Sean Kingston, Johnny Juliano, just to name a few...

I have to say... JERM is so TAYLOR GANG... hanging out with Wiz Khalifa... and yet he continues to stay HUMBLE...  

My goal is to make him so FAMOUS that everyone will know who he is... and everyone will follow the movement of CLAY CANDY.... because it's all about the ART... #SWAG

If you have questions or would like to place an order email your design to info@claycandyshack.com or if you would like to speak to R54 give me a call or shoot me a text @ 510.599.8530....




No comments:

Post a Comment